Fraction Coins (No Pegs)
These Fraction coins fit the Hundred Frames. Each coin measures 1-inch in diameter, 54 coins in total.
Ideas for play-based learning:
• Create a number line of fractions according to their size. Remember the value of the fraction is based on the whole number you start with.
• Learn about Numerators and Denominators. Sort and line up fractions based on their numerators and denominators.
• Use your frame board to show the fraction using balls-- 2/3 can be two red balls and one blue ball.
• Fill up one quadrant of your hundred frame with balls to show 1/4.
• Learn about Equivalent Fractions
• Line up ten wool balls in a few different colors on one line. Ask your child to label the fraction for each colored ball. For instance, there are four pink balls. That's 4/10. There are five blue balls, that's 1/2 or 5/10. And that leaves 1/10 of the balls as the last color, perhaps yellow.
• Use the fraction coins with our Number Coins for creating Mixed Fractions.
• Simplify fractions to convert to smaller denominators.